Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Style Inspiration of the Week: Auntie Mame

 Dress: Ross, Kimono/Fringey Thing: h&m, Tights: Asos, Boots: Betsy Johnson

Scarf: Vintage, Slip: Thrift store, Boots: Doc Martin, Tights: Forever 21
I decided to combine my pictures from Sunday and Monday into one post because I wore the same fringey flower kimono thing both days and also because I didn't get to take very nice pictures yesterday. I've been wearing the kimono a lot lately because it kind of works with a lot of outfits and also I feel like both a really classy sophisticated lady and a cool hippie chick when I wear it. My friend told me that he thought I looked like a combination between a flapper and a hippie and that was a pretty good description of it.
I decided that my outfit inspiration of the week would be Auntie Mame, the title character from the 1958 film, Auntie Mame. I also realized that it's my calling in life to be somebody's eccentric aunt, whether they're related to me (and younger than me) or not.
Auntie Mame just wears really cool clothes and it's a great excuse to just wear really dramatic, drapey dresses and scarves and wear piles of necklaces and bracelets. Rookie even wrote in an article how to dress like her.
I hope you have a lovely day.
Love,
Auntie Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment