Thursday, September 15, 2016

Unicorn Dress

 Dress: Vintage (Modified), Tights: H&M, Shoes: Forever 21
On Tuesday I pursued higher education wearing a pale green unicorn-print dress, striped tights and oxfords with lavender tulle for shoelaces with pink roses in my hair and pink iridescent glitter around my eyes. I did some alterations on this dress on Monday because it was just about an inch too small around the waist but it had a bunch of interfacing on the top half and also a neckline I didn't really like, but I loved the fabric.
I ripped a whole bunch of seams and cut out almost all the interfacing and excess fabric and put in panels on the side (which ended up making it a bit too big but I don't mind). Then, I cut down the collar by a few inches in the front and used some light aqua fabric and made 3 inch wide and about 1.5 ft long tubes which I pinned into pleats and sewed on as a collar. I used some ribbon in a slightly darker aqua to disguise where I attached it and also as a tie in the front because there was still a little keyhole that I hadn't closed up.
I think the dress turned out very super cute!
I hope you have a glitterific day!
Love,
Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment