Sunday, April 14, 2013

(Figurative) Rainbow Puke

Outfit Details- Dress: Vintage, Tights: Vintage (Mary Quant), Belts (Red, Turquoise, and Purple): Forever 21, Yellow Belt: From another dress, Shoes: Doc Martins
This was my outfit from last Monday, but I haven't had a chance to post anything all week, or even take pictures other than these. Our High School(Dos Pueblos)'s Spring Musical opened on Friday, and I'm on the costume crew. We've been at school until at least 6 (sometimes 8) almost every night this week, and on days we got out early, all I wanted to do was go to sleep. It's so incredibly fun, but by now I'm completely exhausted. (Un?)Luckily, we've still got something like 6 more shows left, for the next two weekends, after the 3 we did this weekend. Sorry, I just wanted to let you all know why I haven't posted all week, and why I will most likely not be posting anything this week. If anyone wants to do a guest post for me, that would be super incredibly awesome, so if you're interested, please leave me a comment, or email me at cirqueduquirk@gmail.com. Also, I took a few pictures of the costumes I worked most on, which I'll try and post soon.
For this outfit, I basically could not figure out what to wear, and then used absolutely all the time I had trying on outfit after outfit, then sat there on my bed for a few minutes and decided that I was just going to be the most freaking colorful person on the planet that day. I threw on a bunch of random stuff, trying to make it as colorful as possible, to a point that it was almost just ugly and hurt to look at. I threw on clashing patterns and colors, with four different belts and bright-ass green eyeshadow to complement my newly rainbow hair.
Oh yeah! My hair is rainbow now! A local salon, Napoleon Blonde, offered to do my hair rainbow (which I was planning to do anyway) for free, if they could use pictures of me. Last Sunday, I was working a childrens' circus-themed birthday party, where I dressed as a gypsy and read people's palms and tarot cards. We did a photo-shoot before the party, though, and I think there were some cool shots. I'll post them as soon as we get them and everything.
I wish you all a glitterific day!
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment