Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Poodle Skirts & Pigtails

Outfit Details- Sweater: #forever21, T-shirt: Ingrid Michaelson Concert, Belt: #forever21, Skirt: DIY, Petticoat: Sam's, Tights: Target, Shoes: Ross
We got these balloons to use in the photo shoot yesterday, but it seemed like a waste to have these awesome balloons just be in the background of a couple of pictures, so I figured I'd use them in my pictures today. Plus, I've been dying to do a picture like this ever since I saw it on the amazing Strawberry Koi. Balloons are just so fun and whimsical looking, though! Today it was super dark and rainy (which I loved), but the balloons made it look colorful and amazing.
I wore my old poodle skirt, which I made in 5th grade for a 50's Day at school. I wore it over a black petticoat, with the T-shirt I got at an Ingrid Michaelson concert last year. I did my hair in victory rolls and pigtails, the victory rolls being done after seeing this video tutorial (by the extraordinary Twila Jean) over the summer. I've done them a few times since, and I always love how they turn out. They're super easy, but they always look really cool and semi-complex.
Also, I just reached the 3,000 mark for views on this blog, which I think is pretty cool! It's still messed up and won't show me followers, by you can follow me on Bloglovin' here.
I hope your days are glitterific!
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment