Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Teal to Purple

Outfit Details- Dress: Vintage, Collar: DIY, Tights and Belt: Forever 21, Shoes: Doc Martins
This is the first post I've done with pictures taken in my room since my very first few posts, which were just barely less than a year ago. These pictures were from a couple of weeks ago, during school. It's really weird because right now I'm working on totally redoing my room, so these pictures are completely different from what my room looks like right now. Currently, the carpet is ripped out (and thrown out the window), so the floors are just the rough wood underneath; the walls are now a dark violet/plum purple, with one in teal. Other than a ladder and some debris, every single thing from my room is strewn across our living room. This makes it kind of difficult to coordinate pretty outfits, so luckily I have a ton stored up, although I did take a few pictures of my outfit today.
As a quick tour of my room circa-three days ago, the above pictures show my window and desk, a few of the walls which I cover in magazine clippings and pages, my Ingrid Michaelson and Regina Spektor posters, and the mirror above my dresser, filled with movie stubs, paper dolls, and various artwork and zines. Below are my two shelves, which I am very proud of. The top one houses a collection of my books, organized by color. The bottom shelf has all of my witch-y things, like skulls (plastic), candles, flowers, my Ouija board, and some various other stuff. From it hangs my favorite string of moon and sun lights, and my favorite purple witch-hat, which I hold a propensity for wearing with my favorite black pajamas late at night. Above my books I have a printed out version of a print by Emily Martin, which depicts a boy and girl sitting on a giant pile of books, accompanied by the Morrissey quote "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more," from the song "Handsome Devil."
Oh, I also redid my hair by putting turquoise/teal over the lavender part of my hair, and leaving the violet tips. It was probably the messiest I've ever gotten while doing my hair. It had nothing to do with the color itself, but I think I was just not even trying to keep the dye off of my face, and it (of course) got all over my face. I thought it looked kind of cool, though, so I took a picture before I washed it off.
I wore a vintage dress with a sparkly purple belt, a collar that I cut off of a thrift-store men's shirt, mint colored lacey tights that you can't really see, and maroon docs.
I hope you all have a glitterific day!
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment