Monday, July 8, 2013

Bedsheet Skirts

Outfit Details- Shirt: Old Navy, Skirt: An old sheet (DIY?), Tights: Target, Boots: (Knock off) Doc Martins, Crown: DIY
Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while again, but we were finishing up my room (which I will post pictures of soon), and then it was my birthday (I am officially 15 now), and then we had my party, and 4th of July, and all kinds of things, so I haven't gotten a chance. I wore this outfit back in February or March based on my vague memory of when it was and my hair color.
I remember it was kind of cold and a little bit drizzly out, so I wanted to wear something cozy and warm, and thought, "Hey? What's cozier than bedding?" so I wore a sheet. I briefly considered fashioning some frat-party-style toga, then considered doing a quick stitch through it, but ended up doing a no-sew gathered skirt that allows you to still use it as a sheet when you're done. I don't have any pictures of how I did it, but I simply laid out the sheet, folded it down to the length I wanted it, then slipped a ribbon through the crease. Then, you can just push the fabric towards the middle until it's the width of your waist, and tie it around yourself. I wore black tights and black shorts under it, and put one safety pin a few inches under the waist band to keep from any awkward, wind-induced situations, but allowed a slit up the side. It made it so that when I walked, the back flowed out behind me, and the front just kind of draped across my knees.
I also wore a pink flower crown of my own creation. I just took a headband and glued a ton of fake flowers to it for that.
I hope you have a glitterific day!
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment