Saturday, July 14, 2012

Polka Dots

As I would hope everyone does, I just love polka dots. I don't know what it is, but I wish I could where them everyday (which I do as often as possible). In the words of Zooey Deschanel, "I rock a lot of polka dots." So, in this outfit, I wore my new polka dot skirt with one of my favorite blouses, that just happens to have polka dots. I got the skirt a few days ago from Forever 21, but had passed it by at first glance, thinking that it would be like many of the skirts there are, too short and thin enough that even a slight breeze picks it up. But, this one is the perfect length even pulled up to have a high waist. Also, it's fully lined and a nice fabric that is perfect for twirling (which is a must for my skirts), but stays where it's supposed to. I'm already plotting to snatch up all of the different colors it comes in!
Blouse- #Forever21
Suspenders- #h&m (men's area)
Skirt- #Forever21
Tights- #Forever21
Shoes- #Mod Cloth 
I liked this outfit too much to just sit around my house, so my friend Timna and I went on a "Summer Adventure," and walked around downtown, ending up at the beach. I insisted that while we were in the area, we absolutely had to go on the carousel. Yes, we have a carousel next to our beach. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I'm not sure), not very many people ever go there, so we had the whole thing to ourselves! I love riding carousels and imagining that I'm riding a unicorn into a magical land, or I'm in the 20's, riding a carousel like in "Midnight in Paris," or something. But, I only got to have my magical carousel ride twice because Timna got bored that it wasn't faster or something and made me leave... But it was still fun!

I hope you feel inspired to ride on the next carousel you see, have lot's of magical adventures, and have a glitterific time doing it!
-Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment