Sunday, February 10, 2013

Books! Movies! Illness!

Ok, so in case you're wondering why I haven't posted anything since Monday, it's because my predictions were correct, and I got super sick. I therefore wore no pretty clothes, and wasn't really in the mood to come up with something to post about. Now, I just have a very slight sore throat, all though I'm still coughing and sniffling a lot.
So, I wanted to share my newest purchases/obsessions. The first is far from new, but still a slight obsession.
-Wes Anderson films.
It seems weird but I always say Wes Anderson films. I feel like it just wouldn't sound right to say Wes Anderson movies. I don't know, it's just... weird. Anyway, while I was sick, I started watching The Royal Tenenbaums (my absolute favorite movie), and then that very quickly turned into a Wes Anderson marathon, with just about every film of his I own, including "The Royal Tenenbaums," "Rushmore," "Moonrise Kingdom," "The Life Aquatic," and "The Fantastic Mr. Fox." It was quite a wondrous day for me.
-Beautiful Creatures
This, too, is not an entirely new found obsession, as I first read the book last year, but I only just bought my very own copy of it today. We went to the bookstore, which is mainly the cause for this post. Anyway, I really do love this book, and they made a movie out of it, which is in theaters on the 14th. I'm excited about that, but with every trailer I see, I keep growing more and more convinced that they kind of ruined it. Believe me, I could go (and have gone) off on a lengthy rant about how much is just so blatantly wrong about their interpretation of the book (many of which lead me to guess that they didn't actually read the book thoroughly in any way and just skimmed it), but I'll make only two points about that. One: Lena's eyes are GREEN. It's actually a huge plot point. Seriously. Two: They. Do not. Have. Accents. That is the most irksome thing for me, as they stated plainly in the book, that all though they live in the south, neither of the main characters has any trace of a southern accent. Sorry, but that just... irks me.
But the cover of this (amazing) book looks really cool next to the purple part of my hair.
Read it.
-Handbook for Hot Witches
Seriously, this book is amazing. I bought it on a whim, after reading the back, and it has not disappointed me so far. So far, in fact, it is pretty fantastic. It teaches you how to do everything from tarot card reading to banjo playing, and crystal ball gazing to rag curling your hair. All of it's filled with super cool illustrations, and come on, who hasn't secretly dreamed of being a witch?

-Rookie Yearbook One!!!!!!!
Saving the best for last, we come around to the magnificent (say it with me), Rookie Yearbook One!! Yes, you are looking at the proud owner of this fine book, written (or at least edited and partially written) by the absolutely fabulous Tavi Gevinson. Seriously, this book is awesome. It's like your very own archive of Rookie articles, photo shoots, and everything else. I've only just begun to read it, but I took some pictures of some of the awesome features while flipping through it.
Tavi's instructions on Bitch facing:
I kind of love that on the inside covers it's all signed up like a real yearbook
And, if that wasn't enough to convince you of the crazy awesomeness that is this book,
It comes with stickers. Need I say more?
So, these are my current obsessions. Hopefully you can make them your own, or just completely ignore this post all together. I don't know, I can't really force you to join in on my obsessions...
I hope you all have a wonderfully glitterific day!
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment