Monday, October 29, 2012

Cats, Bats, and Pastels

Outfit Details:
Dress- Vintage
Bow- #modcloth
Bat pin- DIY
Belt- From another dress
Tights-#h&m
Shoes- Daddyo's
I just got this dress from Whimsy Antiques, down in Carpinteria this weekend, and it's already one of my favorites. It's just impossibly pretty, with it's pale pink, candy type of color, and the little scallops that run along the button holes, collar, and sleeves. I can't wait to wear it with the same minty tights when I dye my hair next, when it will most likely be lavender. Then I'd have pastels all over! I'm also sort of in love with my DIY pin, which depicts a rather sparkly bat, that I made a few weekends ago while watching some Vincent Price movies. I just sketched and cut out a bat silhouette on a left-over piece of black felt I had, and then painted it with glitter. I could only find some sparkly nail polish, so I ended up spending about 10-15 minutes painting it, but it probably could have been done in about 2-5. During the last few shots of pictures I took, this huge swarm of crows flew over, and I was happy that I got at least a few that had them in them.
I hope you've all had glitterific days, with bats, cats, and maybe a few crows?
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment