Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower


Outfit Details:
Dress- Vintage
Belt- From another dress
Shoes- #h&m
Yesterday, my friend Michelle and I went to see "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," and we both really liked it. I read the book earlier this summer and really liked it, so I was excited to see the movie version. It was cool because the author of the book, Stephen Chbosky, wrote and directed the movie, so I liked that you actually got to see his vision of everything. I was also excited for the soundtrack, because music and mix tapes were mentioned so much in the book, and I was happy, because the movie had a super awesome soundtrack. There was one scene, at a dance, when the DJ started playing "Come On Eileen," by Dexys Midnight Runners, and Emma Watson's character, Sam, grabbed one of the other characters and started freaking out because they were actually playing good music, and that was pretty much how I felt the whole movie. There was a cool line about that, but I can't remember the exact words. If you want to take a look at the music (which I suggest you do, because it's really good), I found what is supposed to be a playlist of songs from the soundtrack (but might have some other stuff in it, but I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing to check) on 8tracks.
http://8tracks.com/lolwutok/we-are-infinite
One last thing, I just wanted to point out the incredible creepiness of the scarecrows in my outfit pictures. You know it's scary when you need to take a black & white old horror movie picture with them. Or that I've just been watching too many of those. Especially when they have Vincent Price in them.
I hope you all have glitterific days, filled with good music, and frightening scarecrows.
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment